- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chicken (3 pounds) boned, skinned, and visible fat removed, chopped (save the bones and carcass)
- 1/2 cup chopped white onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup torn spinach leaves, cleaned & stemmed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tbs chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup mint
- 2/3 cup zucchini
- 2/3 cup yellow squash
- 2/3 cup red bell pepper
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken, bones, and carcass and saute for about 5 minutes, or until the meat and bones are brown.
- Remove the bones and carcass.
- Add the onions, celery, carrots, green onions, garlic, parsley, mint, and basil.
- Saute the vegetables for 5 minutes in a separate pan.
- Add the vegetables, spinach, and crushed red pepper and saute for additional 1 minute.
- Add vegetables and chicken stock to pot and bring liquid to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
- Add additional seasoning if necessary. Serve hot. Enjoy!!